School Closure Information for Tramy Students
The Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (Bureau) has been informed that Tramy Beauty School is closing. We are hoping to make the transition in students’ education as smooth as possible during this difficult time.
Note: Tramy Beauty students are encouraged to check their email inboxes as the Bureau sent messages on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 to the student email addresses the school had on file.
The Bureau wants students to know that they have rights when their school closes.
- Students Have the Right to Request a Refund From Their School
- Students Have the Right to Request to Have Their Student Loans Discharged
- Students Should Contact Their Loan Servicer to Request a Loan Discharge
- If Students Aren’t Sure Who Their Loan Servicer is, They Should Contact the National Student Loan Data System
- Students Have the Right to Request Reimbursement of Their Tuition From the Student Tuition Recovery Fund
- Student Should Complete the Student Tuition Recovery Fund Application to Begin the Process
- Students Have the Right to Transfer to Another School
- Transferring Any Credits/Units to Another School May Affect a Student’s Eligibility for a Loan Discharge or Tuition Reimbursement
- Transfers Are at the Discretion of the New School
Tramy students should refer to the Bureau’s Closed School Guide for additional information
Note: Students should NOT pay companies for student loan "consolidation" or forgiveness services that their federal loan servicer provides on behalf of the United States Department of Education for free.
Tramy students wishing to obtain their transcripts should contact
302 Washington Street, #150-7531
San Diego, CA 92103
For more information on transcripts visit our Transcripts page
Students Currently Scheduled to Take State Licensing Examination
Students who have a state licensing examination appointment to be rescheduled should contact the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology’s Licensing Phone Line at (916) 574-7570
Veteran Student Information
Veteran students are encouraged to visit the GI Bill Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ to access the GI Bill Comparison Tool which streamlines information into an easy-to-use online tool that provides information to calculate benefits and research approved programs, tuition/fees, housing allowance, graduation and loan default rates.
The US Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) administers the GI Bill, and makes all determinations related to Veteran education benefit eligibility and payments. The USDVA also regulates entitlements paid to Veterans and performs all calculations. All questions regarding eligibility and payment of GI Bill benefits must be directed to the USDVA at 1-888-GIBILL1.
- VA will not pay GI Bill education benefits at an unapproved institution
- Only the USDVA can provide assistance or address questions related to GI Bill eligibility or payment
- Questions or concerns related to Tramy and its schools should be directed to Tramy representatives
- Visit USDVA’s GI Bill website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ to access education benefit information
- Visit the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) Web site at https://www.calvet.ca.gov to obtain assistance with other Veteran needs and services
Accessing Information About Your Federal Financial Aid
If you need to have access to your federal financial aid history, please visit: https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/4625.
If you filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid for the 2016/17 award year identifying Tramy Beauty School as the institution you would be attending and need the information forwarded to another institution, visit https://studentaid.gov/ to make changes to your filed application.
If you have any concerns regarding possible fraud or misusage of federal financial aid funds and want to file a complaint, visit https://studentaid.gov/feedback-center/.
For additional information, students can contact the Bureau at (888) 370-7589. Students can also check the Bureau’s Web site along with its Facebook and Twitter pages regularly for updated information on the Tramy school closure.