School Closure Information for Marinello Students
The Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (Bureau) has been informed that all Marinello Schools of Beauty (Marinello) are closing. We are hoping to make the transition in Marinello studentsí education as smooth as possible during this difficult time.
Note: Marinello students are encouraged to check their email inboxes as the Bureau sent messages on Thursday, February 4, 2016, at 9:43 a.m. to the student email addresses the school had on file.
The Bureau wants students to know that they have rights when their school closes.
- Students Have the Right to Request a Refund From Their School
- Students Have the Right to Request to Have Their Student Loans Discharged
- Students Should Contact Their Loan Servicer to Request a Loan Discharge
- If Students Arenít Sure Who Their Loan Servicer is, They Should Contact the National Student Loan Data System
- Students Have the Right to Request Reimbursement of Their Tuition From the Student Tuition Recovery Fund
- Student Should Complete the Student Tuition Recovery Fund Application to Begin the Process
- Students Have the Right to Transfer to Another School
- Transferring Any Credits/Units to Another School May Affect a Studentís Eligibility for a Loan Discharge or Tuition Reimbursement
- Transfers Are at the Discretion of the New School
Note: Students should NOT pay companies for student loan "consolidation" or forgiveness services that their federal loan servicer provides on behalf of the United States Department of Education for free.
Tramy students wishing to obtain their transcripts should contact
Development Specialists, Inc. As Assignee
C/O Marinello School of Beauty
333 South Grand Avenue, Suite 4070
Los Angeles, CA 90071
(213) 617 2717
For more information on transcripts visit our Transcripts page
Students Currently Scheduled to Take State Licensing Examination
Students who have a state licensing examination appointment to be rescheduled should contact the Board of Barbering and Cosmetologyís Licensing Phone Line at (916) 574-7570
Veteran Student Information
Veteran students are encouraged to visit the GI Bill Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ to access the GI Bill Comparison Tool which streamlines information into an easy-to-use online tool that provides information to calculate benefits and research approved programs, tuition/fees, housing allowance, graduation and loan default rates.
The US Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) administers the GI Bill, and makes all determinations related to Veteran education benefit eligibility and payments. The USDVA also regulates entitlements paid to Veterans and performs all calculations. All questions regarding eligibility and payment of GI Bill benefits must be directed to the USDVA at 1-888-GIBILL1.
- VA will not pay GI Bill education benefits at an unapproved institution
- Only the USDVA can provide assistance or address questions related to GI Bill eligibility or payment
- Questions or concerns related to Marinello and its schools should be directed to Marinello representatives
- Visit USDVAís GI Bill website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ to access education benefit information
- Visit the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) Web site at https://www.calvet.ca.gov to obtain assistance with other Veteran needs and services
For additional information, students can contact the Bureau at (888) 370-7589. Students can also check the Bureauís Web site along with its Facebook and Twitter pages regularly for updated information on the Marinello school closure.